As a professional marine contractor and construction specialist, we see clients from all over Tampa Bay face issues with their seawalls and docks. A lot of these problems can be prevented with the right maintenance and proactive care. Trust St. Pete Dock and Seawall when it comes to maintenance, repairs, and knowing what to be on the lookout for to prevent disaster.
Seawalls: Signs of Damage
Seawalls are critical for the integrity of your shoreline as well as the safety of your property. Without a sturdy wall, you risk waves and erosion damage. Erosion damage can lead to land loss, floods, and infrastructure damage. With tidal action eating away at the shore and wave energy crashing into the banks, the land is threatened. To maintain the safety and integrity of the wall, be on the lookout for signs of damage and call St. Pete Dock and Seawall for treatment. If left untreated, the damage may cause the wall to fail and collapse.
- Cracks. Obvious cracks or breaks in the wall mean the integrity of the structure is compromised. Water can get in through the leaks and break down the material even further.
- Rusting. If you see rust-colored streaks, this is a sign that the rebar inside the wall is encountering water, which means there are cracks or leaks.
- Swelling. Depending on what your wall is made of, it may swell up if water is getting in. This means there are leaks or cracks, which will make the damage worse.
Docks: Signs of Trouble
Like seawalls, docks are important waterfront structures that need proper care and maintenance for longevity and safety. Call in St. Pete Dock and Seawall for an inspection or be on the lookout for the following.
- Check pilings for warping, cracking, weathering, splintering, and any other damage. Fixed docks rely on support from pilings, so if they are compromised, the entire dock could collapse without repairs.
- Keep up with maintenance. Making sure the surface is clean, sealed, free of debris like barnacles and mud, and inspecting for loose or missing construction implements like bolts, nuts, and screws.
- If any elements are rusting, this means they are not as strong as they need to be, so they need to be replaced.
Rely on St. Pete Dock and Seawall: St. Petersburg’s Go-To Marine Contractor
For assistance with seawall and dock construction, maintenance, and repairs, trust the professionals at St. Pete Dock and Seawall. Call us at (727) 240-0819 or contact us online – we bring clients high-quality services and craftsmanship at an affordable price!